Monday, April 11, 2011

Where the magic happens


Hello everyone!


Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you a bit about what I do! My name is Claudia and I am an artist living in southern California for the past 32 years. My company name is Liquid Assets. I adopted this name for the very reason I create these sculptures. Water is an asset to be protected. It is the one thing we can not do without!

A lot of my time was spent scuba diving in the cold waters of the pacific ocean. During those diving years, I grew to love the marine environment. Back when I first started diving there were plenty of fish in the sea! ( not talking about the kind you date! LOL) 

Over time I began to notice a decrease in the numbers of marine life and an increase in the amount of trash. Not only was there garbage all over the ocean floor, but animals were wearing fishing line and 6 pack holders as necklaces. It was a very sad sight to see such beauty soiled by what man has done to our oceans.

It is my wish, through my art, to bring awareness to the importance of clean water for all of us and to protect our marine life before it's to late. With out clean water we are all an endangered species. One day your childrens' children may only know about these creatures by holding one of my sculptures in their hands.

Choose paper not plastic...................>)))'>www.liquidassets.artfire.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment