Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Have Seen This First Hand............

I have seen this first hand…………
I was a diver for more than 14 years. During that time I did several under water cleanups at various locations. During those years I noticed an increase in the trash that was senselessly being dropped along the beaches and off of boats. Beers and soda tabs just popped and discarded in the ocean. Not to even speak of the plastic and wrappers that was littering the beach just waiting for the chance to take sail on the waves.
Although there were trash containers available for use, very few were using them to dispose of the debris.  I thought that maybe their thinking was “one little piece of trash won’t matter”!  Well it does matter, and it matters to the creatures that live beneath the waves.  And it should matter to all of us! Fish, birds, turtles, whales, dolphins to name a few mistake this debris for food. Well if the fish are eating this…what do you think you are eating? Did you ever consider that?
When you get a moment, check out this web site for some good information on trash and plastic pollution. http://5gyres.org/what_is_the_problem
It’s up to us….one person at a time! When you visit the beach make sure you leave with everything you brought with you! Only leave your foot prints in the sand, everything else in the can...>)))’>
All my items I create are made with recyclable materials to help perserve our planet........>)))'>

No comments:

Post a Comment